Hong Kong for Christmas! 2012 - Part 1

I shall start blogging about my Hong Kong trip before I forget most of the things..haha! I didn't find traveling in HK fantastic as it's very similar to Sg in fact. But I like the weather during winter there! haha..I've been through the coldest pre-Christmas period since 1999 according to news.
 
1st of all, I want to talk about my hotel - Ibis Hotel in Sheung Wan. It is a rather new hotel and around 15 minutes walk from Sheung Wan MTR. Although it's not exactly at the main town of HK, I like it because there is less crowd. Even during peak period you don't need to squeeze with people in MTR =D. Another thing is that it's quite convenient staying at the hotel. You can find more than two 茶餐厅 around the area and the Ferry Terminal to Macau is within walking distance, nearer to the MTR! hahaha..Lastly, the room is quite nice! Clean and we were facing the sea with a few buildings laa..plus it's affordable leh..not bad right? But I warn you 1st the bathroom quite small..lol! Here are a few pics to show you.

 


After washing up we began our 1st day trip! We went to Tsim Sha Zhui for 太空馆 and 星光大道. We fell asleep during the show in 太空馆 anyway..hahahha! So only if you think you are interested then you go la. The discovery that we watched was about flying dinasaur (ok..forgot what does it called). So yup, I don't like this kind of thing..After that we went for our crab dinner at 喜记 in ISquare..to me so so only and it's rather expensive. After dinner we went back to the same area for light show and took a walk at the famous 星光大道. Nothing much there so I just took some photos to prove that I've been there.. haha!


徐克
Some of the food I've eaten..I must say some are really quite nice, like the Put Zai Gou, Gai Dan Zai...those local food!


The crab we had
This one I love! Gai Dan Zai, very cheap somemore!
At night we wanted to walk around 庙街 but realised the very famous breakfast shop is just nearby. So we went to this 澳洲牛奶公司 (佐敦地铁: 佐敦白加士街47號地下 47 Parkes Street) to try their breakfast at like 9pm..haha..the 炖奶 is really quite nice! can try la..but get ready to feel the rush while eating.
 


Some tips for you before I end this post:
1) Buy the MTR tickets while you are in HK Airport for traveling around HK. They sell also express tickets from Airport to main stations like Hong Kong station (special price for twin ride). It's one way ticket and only valid for that day. Very convenient. You can also use it for Ding Ding bus which goes a lot of places. Slow but rather convenient too! Can try =)
 
2) Pre-book tickets to places like Disneyland, 缆车to 蜡像馆 especially if you are going during peak period. I think we bought the tickets at cheaper rate online also. Just that you will need to collect tickets from the agent 1st. You can try searching this company. DingDing International Online Travel Development Company
 

 Last but not least: My OOTD
Top - Maryjulian
 
   

Comments

Popular Posts