DBS Marina Regatta 2012

The day was finally here after 3 months of hard work! My 1st ever dragon boat competition! 5 & 6 May at Marina Bay Sands.

I was just a spectator on 5 May. Reached the venue at 9am to support EA Dragons (our team's name stands for - Excel & Achieve!) 200m team. I was also the photographer of the day..=) The weather wasn't too good as it just poured in the morning. Hence, water condition wasn't too good for rowing. However, the race has to continue! and here goes our 200m team's photos from warming up to ready for competition to the end of competition!





EA Dragons - 200m team




Well, the team didn't win the competition but it's the experience and team work that count! Good job everyone!

6 May - 500m team's turn (I'm in!)

So it's my team's turn! The weather was so damn hot! Perhaps we were too nervous as most of us joined competition for the 1st time, we were so so so tired after the heat race! One of the team members was down probably due to the hot weather. We continued the 2nd race after lunch. This time round the boat was abit imbalance due to change of members but we did quite a good job although we didn't win the race. Most important was that we beat our own timing! Yay! More pics for your to take a look.


EA Dragons - 500m team!

Me - number 5

Okay! too small to spot our boat..haha
I think I will still continue as a casual dragon boater, it's actually quite an interesting sport! My stamina improves alot since I started rowing..hahaha! Alright! I think that's about it for this post, stay tune for the next update! 

Don't forget to visit my website http://siowwei.creativesolutionsmall.com/ for good stuff k! Tata!

Comments

Popular Posts